AMERICA’S TOP TESTING CHRISTMAS SONGS OF 2018
Some of the highlights:
- The timeless Holiday Classic’s rule. 7 of the Top 10 Christmas songs were released between 1945 and 1963.
- Christmas music is equally appealing among Men and Women and across Adults 25-54.
- Top 40 and Country listeners have the most interest in listening to an all Christmas music station. We also found Men that listen to Rock and Alternative formats have a strong interest in Christmas music.
- The newest song tested was Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s – Christmas Cannon from 2002, which ranked #34. TSO’s – Christmas Eve Sarajevo from 1996 was the newest song to finish in the Top 10.
- Two versions of Jingle Bell Rock, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Sleighride landed in the Top 15.
P1 Media Group conducted the survey the weekend of November 2-4th, 2018. We sampled 25-54-year-old radio listeners in the Top 50 US Radio Markets that reported listening either “Frequently” or “Sometimes” to Christmas Music on a local radio station during the holiday season. The 40 songs tested were the most-played Christmas Songs from 2017 according to Mediabase monitored airplay.